3.9.05

Laura Veirs - Year of the Meteors (Nonsuch B000A14OEC)

Suzanne Vega's younger sister goes electric. She's not, of course, but she might as well be. I may be missing something here as it has picked up good reviews - which is why I picked it up on offer in Borders. There's nothing bad or objectionable - but nothing to set it apart either. No friction at all really and it will probably be the subliminal soundtrack to countless thirty something dinner parties for the rest of the year. I just need music to touch the sides somewhere as it is aurally digested. The musical equivalent of cheese dip.

2 comments:

Richard Lehnert said...

Like a cheese dip, eh? I will shortly offer you the equivalent of an intestinal Brillo pad.

Iwan Lehnert said...

I was going to write a review for this too. Honestly, I really love it. It does improve after repeated spins, but I think she's got a lot more to her than a lot of singer/songwriters. Bit more of a creative edge in terms of melody and lyrics. She's been a regular feature on our radio show for a while, at least :)