24.5.05

Robert Plant and Strange Sensation - Mighty Rearranger SANCD356

I've resisted reviewing this as it's been given so much coverage in the press and, frankly, I'm taking a little heat for it among some acquaintances. However it's rarely out of the CD player at the moment. As my neighbour said, it's what Led Zeppelin would sound like now if they were still together and doing great things. And what you think of that should determine whether you listen to it or not. A lot of rhythm, eastern promise, relentless drive...Another Tribe and the title track are among the best in my view. The Guardian review said in his heyday he was not so much a frontman, more a singing erection. He's looking a little droopy these days, but the voice still has it...

(By the way my neighbours work colleague's sister is married to the guitarist. My but it's a small world ...)

No comments: